Must Be Monogrammed is an Officially Licensed Vendor through Affinity Licensing and Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC) for various collegiate, athletic, fraternal and association licensing.

What type of royalty does a licensed vendor pay?

Must Be Monogrammed pays a royalty, based on the gross sale of the product or service, for all licensed products sold by licensee. The royalty rate is set by the trademark owner and may vary from client to client.

Why does a company have to be licensed?

Any group or individual that wishes to trade on the goodwill associated with our clients' marks, and benefit commercially from utilization of those marks, must become licensed in order to do so.

What are the organization's trademarks?

The trademarks include the organization's name, nicknames, logos, symbols, mascots and other insignia. Any and all commercial use of these marks (or any marks that are confusingly similar) must be granted through a license agreement.

How can a nickname or symbol be a trademark?

Since the trademark owner has used the nickname and/or symbol consistently in conducting business for many years, they have the right to claim ownership of that mark within their channel of trade. Federal courts have routinely reinforced the fact that nicknames and symbols are distinctive and protectable marks.

Why are vendors required to pay a royalty?

Licensing exists primarily to protect the goodwill associated with a trademark by ensuring quality control of products and services. Our clients have a right and a responsibility to control the commercial use of their marks; one of the rights afforded to them is the ability to collect a royalty in order to offset the costs of managing a licensing program. In order to protect the integrity of this royalty reporting process, and maintain a level playing field among vendors, we conduct regular audits of our licensees. These practices are industry standard and common among trademark owners

You have successfully subscribed!